Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Immortal Bird - Akrasia (2013)


Black metal melodics with grindcore blast beats -- these are sounds that resonate with me at the moment. And I have always been a bird nerd, so this band is really hitting home for me. What are those Kingfishers doing eating human meat? Crazy rascals.

I haven't listened to much heavy metal in the past 20 years or so, so I'm in the weeds here as far as what other bands Immortal Bird sound like. Their drummer/vocalist Rae Amitay is just a fantastic musician, as is the whole band. Music like this is best enjoyed live... but until I scour the Portland scene for the best hardcore/punk/metal bands... I will have to fantasize being at one of this Chicago bands shows.

I've been converted... maybe these 4 songs will convert you as well. Check out "Spitting Teeth", a particularly excellent track.

Follow the link to their bandcamp page:

Immortal Bird - Akrasia

No comments:

Post a Comment